What makes the Flex-a-Bed Hi Low SL adjustable bed different?
The additional benefit of the Hi Low is in its name. (Think "high low")
The entire Hi Low bed base can be adjusted to various heights, from high to low and vice versa, making it easier for users to get in and out of bed and caregivers to care for bed-bound patients at a height that is comfortable for them. And if the standard height mattresses make the bed height too tall, you can use the optional 5.5" Low Profile Polyurethane Foam Mattress instead. The adjustable bed base height can also be lowered 2.25" by removing casters.
As you can see, lots of "high low" options there to get that bed height just right for you and/or your caregiver!
This full-electric Hi Low adjustable bed is ideal for…
- Those in home healthcare, or assisted living environments because, in addition to its body contouring adjustments, it can also be raised and lowered vertically with a touch of a button. This makes it ideal for those who require additional assistance when entering or exiting the bed.
- Caregivers also appreciate the extra height or lower lows because less bending means less stress on the back.
- Anyone who wants the comfort benefits of an adjustable bed at home.
"Everything we could have hoped for!
Before ordering the bed, I had an adjustable bed but my caregivers were suffering back pain and finding it hard to position me and work with me in the bed. It became evident that we needed a bed that raised and lowered. This bed with everything we could've asked for, they solved the problem my caregivers we're having. We are extremely satisfied!"
What's better for me? A hospital bed or an adjustable bed?
Because they're elegant and lack the institutional look, adjustable beds are a great alternative to hospital beds. However, if you need more position adjustments or need a higher weight capacity, then we suggest you choose a hospital bed over an adjustable bed. Hospital beds are also easier to clean and sanitize.
What if I don't need the vertical height feature in the Hi Low?
If you don't require a "high-to-low" vertical height adjustment, likely now or in the future, you may want to consider one of Flex-a-Bed's more economical options.
The Premier by Flex-a-Bed
Has most of the same features and accessories as the Hi-Low adjustable bed except:
- The height from the floor can be adjusted but only with fixed, optional, leg extensions to add height.
The Value Flex by Flex-a-Bed
The most economical adjustable bed option with these differences:
- Fixed height from floor with optional leg extensions to add height;
- Innerspring mattress is your only choice (Hi Low has 6 different mattress choices);
- Wired hand control is your only choice (Hi Low has a choice of wired or wireless hand control)
- No massage or under-bed lights option.
Other Flex-a-Bed Hi Low SL adjustable bed features:
- Choice of one-touch wireless or wired hand remote which operates independent head, foot and hi-low adjustments
- All motors have modular plugs for easy replacement
- Heavy duty locking casters to prevent unwanted bed movement
- Mattress retainer cover for the foot of the bed
- Base & Foundation
- 2" foundation profile with high density, heavy duty padded base made with 1/2" Advantech© material that will not warp, break or squeak
- Welded steel frames - not riveted as with most other frames
NOTE: A headboard cannot be attached to this model.
Flex-a-Bed – The brand you can trust for adjustable beds
Adjustable beds, with their flexible base, can be adjusted for the upper and/or lower body to provide a variety of benefits.
If you need relief from the symptoms of injury, chronic pain or illness, or you're bed-bound, there's nothing more refreshing than an adjustable bed. You can raise your feet to get pressure off the back, or your head to alleviate snoring and some digestive issues.
Or just put yourself into a comfortable seating position to eat, read or watch TV in bed. For these reasons alone, adjustable beds are now popular choices for any home.
What you can expect with every adjustable bed by Flex-a-Bed
- Hand-built with care:
Every Flex-A-Bed adjustable bed is hand built by expert craftsmen in the USA, using the same principles of care and consideration since 1969.
- Removable and washable cover for easy maintenance:
Flex-a-bed has a removable and washable cover, making it easy to keep the bed clean and hygienic. This is especially important for seniors or those with limited mobility who may spend more time in bed.
- Quiet operation for a peaceful night's sleep:
Flex-a-bed operates quickly with whisper-quiet DC motors powered by Linak, ensuring that users can adjust their bed positions without disturbing their sleeping partners.
- Multiple size options to fit any bedroom and every body or bodies:
Flex-a-bed comes in a variety of sizes, including twin, full, queen, king, and dual king sizes. This means that regardless of the size of your bedroom or your body, there is a Flex-a-bed that will fit. Weight capacity is 400 lbs. per bed.
"Great Company. Great Service.
I couldn’t be more pleased with the product but most especially with the patience of Matthew who took time to walk through options with great follow up. White Glove delivery worked well and the delivery company accommodated our crazy schedule!"
Optional Flex-a-Bed Hi Low Add-Ons
Additional Size Option
- Each mattress size is also available in 84" length for taller individuals who need more leg room.
Back & Leg Massage
- 30-minute timer automatically activated when vibrators are turned on
- Automatic shut-off after 30 minutes
- Separate head and foot buttons each with three different modes - pulse, wave and steady massage
- Head and foot can be operated individually or at the same time
- Up to 15 different combinations possible when running both at the same time
- The optional under-bed lighting makes it easier for users to see at night without turning on any bright overhead lights.
6 Mattress Types to Choose From
Everyone is different, so we have a variety of mattress options to meet the unique needs and budgets of our customers.
See the "Mattresses" tab (or section below if you're on a phone) for further details on each of these mattress types.
- Deluxe innerspring
- Low profile
- Innerspring/memory foam combo
- Memory foam
- Gel memory foam
- Latex foam
Single or Pair Bed Rails with Optional Cover
- Single Bed Rail: Whether you need left or right is determined when laying in bed on back
- Optional bed rail covers cushion the rails for your comfort and provide a large functional pocket.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
"Because Flexabed builds every bed by hand, we stand behind our product with a great warranty. This warranty covers the entire bed—each and every component and design feature (even the mattress!), without exception."
- Year 1: Free in-home parts exchange and labor included
- Years 2+: Repair or service fee of up to $100 plus shipping costs
- This warranty does not apply to any product subjected to customer misuse, alteration or repaired by an unauthorized representative.
- FREE Threshold Delivery includes delivery of box(es) up to the front door of building or garage (no set up)
- Optional White Glove Delivery includes in-home delivery and set-up and removal of shipping materials
To speak with a customer service representative, call 1-800-956-6616
About Your Mattress Choices
All Flex-a-Bed mattresses feature…
Multi-layered cushion top
Hi-Low adjustable bed mattresses feature a plush, multi-layered, quilted cushion top made with hi-density, polyurethane foam and flame resistant polyester fiber
Non-skid bottom layer
Bottom layers are protected by a non-skid material that prevents the mattress from sliding across the adjustable foundation and provides a flame-resistant barrier
Inner bonded for durability
Entire mattress construction is inner bonded to insure durability and superb tailoring throughout the life of the mattress
Soft, high quality knit fabric complete with suede border and designer taped edges to create an elegant look
All quilted top mattresses (except "Low Profile") are approximately 10.5" high at crown (9.5" high at edge)
6 mattress choices to meet every need:
The deluxe innerspring mattress
High density, polyurethane comfort layer and innerspring unit available in soft, medium and firm. Innerspring mattresses feature a beautiful knit fabric quilt panel with a tack and jump pattern and suede border with designer taped edges.
Available in soft, medium, and firm options.
The low profile mattress
Reduces the overall height of the bed by 4 inches, making it easier for people with limited mobility to get in and out of bed. It's also great for those who prefer a minimalist style.
The innerspring/memory foam combo mattress
Combines the support of innersprings with the comfort of memory foam. It's great for side and back sleepers, combination sleepers, and hot-natured sleepers, but not ideal for those who prefer a softer mattress type.
The memory foam mattress
Cradles every curve of your body while providing support for joints and pressure points, making it great for side, back, and stomach sleepers under 230 pounds. It may not be the best option for hot-natured sleepers or those who need to move around easily.
The gel memory foam mattress
Creates a cooler sleeping surface, making it perfect for hot-natured sleepers and side sleepers, but may not be the best option for cold-natured sleepers.
The natural latex foam mattress
Provides a soft feel and dynamic support for proper alignment. It's great for those who prefer a firm mattress, have joint pain, or are light sleepers, but may not be the best option for hot-natured sleepers or those who prefer a softer mattress type.
Ultimately, the best mattress for each person depends on their body type, sleep needs, and preferences. Flexabed offers a variety of options to choose from to find the perfect fit and comfort. We're here to help. Use live chat to reach out, or give us a call.
- Raise and lower the WHOLE bed vertically with a touch of a button
- Optional back & leg massage, under-bed lights and bed rails
- Optional 6 mattress styles to choose from
- Optional heavy-duty frame supports up to 400 lbs.
- Available in twin, full, queen, king and split-king size
- Lifetime warranty includes 1 year parts and labor
|Actuator Set Construction|
|The Flex-A-Bed actuator set includes independent head, foot and hi-low motors, hand control, power control. This system is designed by and used only by Flex-A-Bed. All parts are made and assembled by Flex-A-Bed. The entire mechanical and electrical system is sealed and self lubricating eliminating the need for future maintenance.|
|The Flex-A-Bed frame is constructed of heavy angle iron and tubing. The frame is welded in all stationary areas. Attached to the steel frame is a 1/2" thick Advantech platform which is hinged in three areas to create the contouring foundation of the bed. At Flex-A-Bed we begin with the very best quality raw materials. From truck loads of steel we form the parts, weld the assemblies and paint our own patented articulating frame.|
|Twin XL:||38" x 80"|
|Full XL:||53" x 80"|
|Queen:||60" x 80"|
|Split King*:||38" x 80" each (x2)|
|Base Height:||13.25" - 20.75" (w/ casters)|
|Innerspring Mattress:||22.75" - 30.25" (w/ casters)|
|Gel Core Mattress:||23.25" - 30.75" (w/ casters)|
|Low Profile Mattress:||18.75" - 26.25" (w/ casters)|
|Under Bed Clearance:||9.5", all heights w/ casters|
|Locking Casters:||2.25", removable|
|Adjustable Unit/Base Weight**|
|Twin XL:||200 lbs.|
|Full XL:||250 lbs.|
|Split King*:||200 lbs. each (x2)|
|Innerspring Mattress Weight|
|Twin XL:||60 lbs.|
|Full XL:||90 lbs.|
|Split King*:||60 lbs. each (x2)|
|User Weight Capacity:||400 lbs. per bed|
|*Two Twin XL beds placed together|
**Mattress weight not included
|Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|Years 1: Free In-Home Parts Exchange and Labor Included|
|Years 2+: Repair or service fee of up to $100 plus shipping costs|
|This warranty does not apply to any product subjected to customer misuse, alteration or repaired by an unauthorized representative.|
300 - 400 lbs.
White Glove Set Up
Hi Low Function